SOUTH BELOIT, Ill. (WTVO) — 36-year-old Rontez Newman, of Chicago, was arrested Tuesday for selling fake football tickets on Craigslist, according to police.
South Beloit Police say they became aware of the Craiglist scam in which Newman allegedly was attempting to sell fake Wisconsin Badger tickets for this weekend’s game against Michigan.
Newman was arrested on a Forgery charge and taken to the Winnebago County Jail.
- Steve Freeman: Making people smile at Rockford Public Library for nearly 20 years
- Victoria’s Secret cancels annual fashion show
- Veterans group ensures elderly stateline vets remembered at Christmas
- Illinois Health Department says: Don’t take antibiotics for the flu
- Simone Biles, record-breaking gymnast, earns title of 2019 Female Olympic Athlete of the Year