SOUTH BELOIT, Ill. (WTVO) — 29-year-old Kurtis Masterson was arrested after the Wisconsin-based “Worldwide Predator Hunters” alerted police that he had been allegedly trying meet a 15-year-old girl for sex.
According to the South Beloit Police Department, the Edgerton-based group contacted them on Friday, January 31st and provided information that Masterson was trying to arrange a meeting with whom he believed was an underage teen.
Police investigated and took Masterson into custody on Friday, February 7th.
Masterson was charged with grooming a minor for the purpose of sex, and was taken to the Winnebago County Jail where he was held on a $200,000 bond.
- Coca-Cola to discontinue one of its beverages in North America
- Colonial Pipeline says ‘normal operations’ have resumed following ransomware attack
- 19-year-old killed in Freeport shooting, police searching for silver Chrysler
- Boylan earns 6-1 win over Harlem to maintain a share of the NIC-10 lead
- Durand softball team improves to 10-1 with victory over Winnebago