ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Local business owners learn what Illinois’ decision to legalize marijuana could mean for them.
Ortho-Illinois hosted the “Marijuana in the Workplace” even tonight at Giovanni’s.
Experts shared what employers need to know about the new law.
A main topic of discussion was drug testing.
Legal Director of the Drug Screening Compliance Institute, Bill Judge, says companies have a lot of decisions to make, like when or if they will test.
“Every employer is gonna have to dust off their policies that they may not have seen for years and try and figure out, in light of this new law, exactly what it is they want to have happen,” said Judge.
Illinois’ new marijuana law does allow employers to have “reasonable” zero tolerance or drug-free workplace policies.
- Stateline saxophone great gives musical Memorial Day tribute
- Evening car fire sends local firefighters into action
- Statewide ‘Recall Pritzker’ petition stops in Freeport
- Local veterans recognize Memorial Day in downtown Rockford
- Catholic churches prepare for massive changes upon re-opening doors