ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Local business owners learn what Illinois’ decision to legalize marijuana could mean for them.
Ortho-Illinois hosted the “Marijuana in the Workplace” even tonight at Giovanni’s.
Experts shared what employers need to know about the new law.
A main topic of discussion was drug testing.
Legal Director of the Drug Screening Compliance Institute, Bill Judge, says companies have a lot of decisions to make, like when or if they will test.
“Every employer is gonna have to dust off their policies that they may not have seen for years and try and figure out, in light of this new law, exactly what it is they want to have happen,” said Judge.
Illinois’ new marijuana law does allow employers to have “reasonable” zero tolerance or drug-free workplace policies.
- Rockford City Council discusses raising the number of video gaming machines
- Sinnissippi Golf Course saved from the chopping block, for now
- Auburn’s Nevenhoven hoping for a big October finish to the tennis season
- Police investigate after man shot to death outside Rockford apartment building
- Police investigate after Rockford woman killed while crossing Auburn St.