ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Stateline’s furry residents were able to meet the big man in red Monday.
CherryVale Mall started up their pet pictures with Santa.
Dogs dressed up for the occasion, some even wearing matching outfits with their families.
Pictures are every Monday night 6-9 p.m. from now through December 16th.
It’s not just limited to dogs either, any pet is welcome to get in on the holiday fun.
One attendee says pictures with Santa for the family is a yearly tradition, but this is the first year they’ve added a pet to the mix.
“We’ve done it since I was little and see we just added him to the picture this time,” said Jaelynn Hargett. “It was cute it was our first time, we just got our dog not too long ago.”
Pets must be on a leash or crated while waiting for their picture.
The visits with Santa are free, and pictures are available to buy after.
- Protestors, police clash again at Rockford City Market
- Man taken to hospital after motorcycle crash in Rockford
- One person shot at Rockford bar
- Winnebago Co. school administrators address back to school plans
- Overwhelming response to boy’s search for a family, ‘I hope one of y’all pick me’