STERLING, Ill. (WTVO) — Sterling Police have released the names of the two people found shot to death Sunday afternoon.
Sterling Police say they went to the home of 24-year-old Brittney Long, in the 800 block of 1st Avenue, around 6:42 p.m., for a welfare check at the behest of concerned family members.
There, police found Long and her ex-boyfriend, Duane Briggs, 24, dead.
Police say each died from a single gunshot wound to the head.
The firearm was recovered at the scene, investigators said.
- A Tranquil, Cooler Weather Pattern Settles In for the Upcoming Work Week
- FEMA begins accepting applications for COVID-19 funeral assistance
- Police officer fired after Army officer pepper-sprayed during stop
- 26-year-old suffers life-threatening injuries after shooting on Marsh Avenue
- Rockford PD: Officer involved shooting, 19-year-old subject injured