STERLING, Ill. (WTVO) — 34-year-old Joshua Green was arrested Tuesday after police say he forced his way into a home and beat a family member.
According to Sterling Police, officers were called to the 300 block of 6th Avenue in reference to a domestic dispute. Green fled the scene prior to officers’ arrival, but he was located a short time later in the 1100 block of E. 5th Street.
Police say Green was arrested after a brief foot chase.
He was charged with Home Invasion, Criminal Trespass to a Residence, Domestic Battery, Unlawful Interference with Reporting of Domestic Violence, and Criminal Damage to Property.
Green was taken to the Whiteside County Jail.
- Keep the mask: A vaccine won’t end the US crisis right away
- 10-year-old Louisiana boy sets up hot cocoa stand for nonprofit
- Viral Arkansas police officer on a mission to make a difference
- FDA authorizes first at-home coronavirus test
- Women detained for speaking Spanish in Montana store settle lawsuit with U.S. border agency