ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The UW Health Sports Factory and Parenthood Promise hosted a three on three charity tournament on Saturday, August 24th.
Over 20 teams stepped up onto the court to help middle school students prep for their first days of school.
Money raised at the charity tournament will go towards giving kids the clothes they need to walk into their first day of school.
“Middle school students in the Rockford’s Public School District’s Families in Transition Program,” Leandra Hudson, Research Facilitator of Parenthood Promise said. “So we’re hoping to purchase a lot of uniforms so that we’re ensured that our children are able to attend school”
This is the first 3 on 3 tournament and after today’s turnout, organizers said it won’t be their last.
- Rockford resident and Lebanon native reacts to massive Beirut explosion
- Local theater group uses downtime to teach young performers
- Tropical Storm Isaias Continues to Move Through the New England States
- Slattery in position for a top 10 finish at the Illinois Open
- Iowa man stole hand sanitizer after breaking into bank, police say