SOUTH BELOIT, Ill. (WTVO) — The Stateline has a new recreational marijuana dispensary opening up. Sunnyside is expected to open its South Beloit location in mid-July.
Owners say the construction is complete but final inspection by the state is still needed. The dispensary is located on Gardner Street near Highway 75 and I-90.
This will be the second local Sunnyside location. The first is located in Rockford at 2696 McFarland Road. City leaders expect the site to bring in more than $900,000 dollars in tax revenue each year.
Statewide, Illinois has brought in more than $40 million in taxes during the first 4 months of legalization.
- Rockford Police investigate Auburn St. shooting
- Rockford teens charged after police find loaded gun in car
- After disaster declaration, Ogle County officials say storm damage is like nothing they’ve ever seen
- Rockford house fire possibly caused by severe weather, officials say
- VP Pence tweets “America needs College Football”