SOUTH BELOIT, Ill. (WTVO) — The Stateline has a new recreational marijuana dispensary opening up. Sunnyside is expected to open its South Beloit location in mid-July.
Owners say the construction is complete but final inspection by the state is still needed. The dispensary is located on Gardner Street near Highway 75 and I-90.
This will be the second local Sunnyside location. The first is located in Rockford at 2696 McFarland Road. City leaders expect the site to bring in more than $900,000 dollars in tax revenue each year.
Statewide, Illinois has brought in more than $40 million in taxes during the first 4 months of legalization.
- Chilly rain continues through Sunday evening
- Trubisky benched, Foles completes comeback in 30-26 win over Falcons
- Local yoga studio takes unique approach to relieve stress for Suicide Prevention Month
- Janesville Fire invites community to ‘Chalk the Walk’ for fire safety
- Report: Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes in 2016, 2017