ROCKFOD, Ill. (WTVO) — 29-year-old Demarcus Latin has been charged with first degree murder in the death of 54-year-old Andrew Bowlds who was found dead on Parmele Street last month.
According to Rockford Police, officers were called to a home in the 2100 block on Monday, October 12th around 10:45 a.m. to conduct a welfare check. There, they found the victim deceased. The coroner found the cause of death to be blunt force trauma to the head.
Latin was identified as a suspect and was later charged at the Winnebago County Jail, where he was being held as a suspect in 25 retail thefts in the area.
He has been charged with four counts of First Degree Murder and Possession of a Stolen Vehicle.
- Zammuto’s celebrates their Torch Award
- Texas will end mask mandate, allow businesses to reopen ‘100%’
- How one woman is engaging with Black owned businesses using social media
- The Ethnic Heritage Museum’s Black History Month exhibit celebrates notable figures
- NAACP – Rockford Branch President, Rhonda Greer-Robinson on having the difficult conversations