ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A local hospital celebrates an upgrade to how it provides cardiovascular care.
SwedishAmerican Rockford held a ribbon cutting ceremony for its new Catheterization Lab.
Doctors say the facility will allow them to better diagnose heart disease and heart arrhythmias.
The upgrades will also provide better images of the heart to treat complex cardiovascular problems.
“Treating a patient who has severe disease in multiple areas in their heart,” said SwedishAmerican Hospital Medical Director of Cardiology, Yaser Siraj, MD. “The better image quality with less radiation is going to enable us to see much more clearly what we need to do. And with less risk.”
Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the U.S.
- Le-Win defeats Aquin, improves to 16-4
- Dakota wins big at home over Durand
- Rockford Christian defeated Genoa-Kingston in Big Northern matchup
- Rockford area basketball scores for Friday, January 24
- Rockford Fire battles vacant home fire