ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A local hospital celebrates an upgrade to how it provides cardiovascular care.
SwedishAmerican Rockford held a ribbon cutting ceremony for its new Catheterization Lab.
Doctors say the facility will allow them to better diagnose heart disease and heart arrhythmias.
The upgrades will also provide better images of the heart to treat complex cardiovascular problems.
“Treating a patient who has severe disease in multiple areas in their heart,” said SwedishAmerican Hospital Medical Director of Cardiology, Yaser Siraj, MD. “The better image quality with less radiation is going to enable us to see much more clearly what we need to do. And with less risk.”
Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the U.S.
- Local students are able to see if they have what it takes to protect and serve
- Belvidere has a piece of community history back in town
- Byron High School Food Pantry receives donation to help low income students
- Freeport Police need help identifying man who stole from a gas station
- Turkey stalks mail carrier in Wisconsin