ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — SwedishAmerican’s Caring Canines therapy dog program donated $3,900 to the Rockford Police on Thursday.
Swedes raised the money by selling calendars featuring the dogs last month.
The Rockford Police Department hopes the money will help purchase a seventh police dog.
Rockford officers say K9 units exist due to community support and fundraising.
“It’s great. All the hard work we put in to give back to the community the best we can and the community support back to us is amazing. We really appreciate it and makes us want to keep working hard to help keep them safe on the street,” said K9 handler Josh Carpenter.
This is the second year the Caring Canines program has donated its calendar proceeds to a local organization.
- Why charges against Trump don’t prevent him from running for president
- Here’s what 2024 Republicans have said about Trump’s indictment
- Bryson DeChambeau says players should be ready for tough greens at LIV Golf Orlando
- Trump fundraises off NY criminal charges, predicts it will ‘backfire’
- Growing concerns for severe weather Friday afternoon and evening
For more local news, download the MyStateline app (iOS) or (Android).
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram!