ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 18-year-old Bennett Stewart, accused of breaking into the homes of two elderly residents of Wesley Willows, made his first appearance in court on Wednesday.
Police say on November 30th, Stewart broke into the home of an 86-year-old woman and demanded money. After getting $24 in cash, he left.
Early the following morning, police say Stewart broke into the residence of an 82-year-old man. When the man refused to give him money, he was injured when Stewart allegedly threw a watch at his face. Stewart allegedly left empty handed.
Officers arrested Stewart in a traffic stop on December 2nd.
Stewart is charged with Aggravated Battery to a Senior Citizen, two counts of Residential Burglary, Home Invasion, Robbery and Attempted Robbery.
- Craigslist ad goes viral, sparks search for ‘Grandma’ in need of family for Christmas
- Remembering Sandy Hook victims 7 years later
- Two state workers involved in A.J. Freund case no longer work for DCFS
- Woman killed crossing Illinois interstate to reach family
- Woman arrested in Roscoe for sexual abuse to a minor