ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A new hotel in Rockford is closer to being completed.
The Embassy Suites by Hilton Riverfront, at 416 S Main Street, has drywall going up and the guest rooms are starting to take shape.
The hotel was built using the frame of the former Amerock Building.
You don’t have to rent a room to check out the hotel. A restaurant overlooking the downtown skyline will be open to the public, which includes a large balcony.
Project managers say the project is coming in under budget, and construction is on schedule to be finished in December.
- Two Cubs employees test positive for COVID-19
- Illinois Men’s Basketball: This Season’s Top Three Moments
- EF-1 Tornado Reported in Ogle County Saturday Night
- Utah man accused of raping woman saying he was going to ‘fix the gay’
- Local pet center offers free doggy-care for owners who are too sick