ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A new hotel in Rockford is closer to being completed.
The Embassy Suites by Hilton Riverfront, at 416 S Main Street, has drywall going up and the guest rooms are starting to take shape.
The hotel was built using the frame of the former Amerock Building.
You don’t have to rent a room to check out the hotel. A restaurant overlooking the downtown skyline will be open to the public, which includes a large balcony.
Project managers say the project is coming in under budget, and construction is on schedule to be finished in December.
- AMA calls for total ban on all e-cigarette, vaping products
- Vet: Dog likely chewed off leg to escape chain; owner arrested
- Winnebago County Public Works Committee talks salt prices
- As Epstein died, guards allegedly shopped online and slept
- Woman saves koala from brushfires