(WTVO) — The Winter Storm Watch for Winnebago, Boone, McHenry, Ogle, Lee and DeKalb counties has been CANCELED.
All watches have been dropped for the Stateline for Tuesday into Wednesday.
However, the following cities have declared a snow emergency ahead of the winter storm, starting Tuesday:
The City of Freeport has declared a snow emergency beginning at 8 a.m. on Tuesday until 8 a.m. Thursday. Vehicles are prohibited from parking on city streets for a period of 72 hours.
The City of South Beloit has declared a snow emergency starting at 8 a.m. on Tuesday until 3 p.m. on Thursday. All snow related ordinances within the city will be enforced.
This list will be updated when more municipalities are announced.
- Menards bans anyone under 16 from entering its stores
- New England Patriots’ plane to bring 1 million N95 masks from China
- Weekly jobless claims surge to record 6.6 million
- Unemployment claims double to 6.6 million in one week
- 104-year-old WWII veteran recovers from COVID-19, celebrates birthday