(WTVO) — The Winter Storm Watch for Winnebago, Boone, McHenry, Ogle, Lee and DeKalb counties has been CANCELED.
All watches have been dropped for the Stateline for Tuesday into Wednesday.
However, the following cities have declared a snow emergency ahead of the winter storm, starting Tuesday:
The City of Freeport has declared a snow emergency beginning at 8 a.m. on Tuesday until 8 a.m. Thursday. Vehicles are prohibited from parking on city streets for a period of 72 hours.
The City of South Beloit has declared a snow emergency starting at 8 a.m. on Tuesday until 3 p.m. on Thursday. All snow related ordinances within the city will be enforced.
This list will be updated when more municipalities are announced.
- CDC advises parents to look out for polio-like condition in children
- State prison turns away Logan County inmates infected with COVID-19
- Twin YouTube stars charged after Uber driver held at gunpoint during fake bank robbery
- Rivets ready to resume their season with a new-look roster stocked with local guys
- Local board looking to improve mental health access for teens