MACHESNEY PARK, Ill. (WTVO) — The Red Cross often steps in to help those affected by fires.
The non-profit responds to three to four fires in Northern Illinois every day.
It also works to make sure homeowners are prepared for the worst.
To stay safe The Red Cross suggests families create a fire escape plan, and smoke detectors are also critical.
Saturday, October 26th, the Red Cross will be in Machesney Park, and volunteers will install free smoke detectors for residents.
It’s a service the non-profit provides year round.
To take part, you need to register at this link.
- Coroner: Body found in Rock River identified as missing Janesville girl
- Shedd Aquarium reopens Friday with new safety precautions in place
- NFL to play Black anthem before national anthem Week 1
- Herman Cain hospitalized with COVID-19 after attending Trump rally
- Woman charged with helping Illinois man murder missing Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen