FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — Parents of Freeport Middle School students were notified Thursday that police had been alerted to a threat made to the school by a current student.
In the letter, school authorities say that the threat has been investigated by Freeport Police and the “situation is such that it is no longer an active threat.”
“We have taken every precaution to assure the safety of our children so that classes and extracurricular activities continue as planned and there is no disruption to the school day,” the letter continued.
The school says it will have Freeport Police officers present inside and outside the buildings on Friday.
- Gilbert and Hagel Return to IceHogs from Chicago Blackhawks
- Martin Luther King Day event encourages voter registration
- Mostert lifts 49ers to Super Bowl with 37-20 win vs Packers
- Delia and Gagne Lead Hogs to Shutout Win Over Wolves
- Overnight Café houses people in need during cold nights