JANESVILLE, Wisc. (WTVO) — Three endangered missing children from Scott County, Minnesota were found passing through Janesville with their mother on Saturday.
Police say an officer from the Janesville Police department discovered the vehicle believed to contain the three missing children (ages 10, 12 & 16) after receiving information from Rock County Dispatch.
The officer saw a 2016 Toyota Sienna leaving the TA Express in Janesville and followed the suspected vehicle.
Deputies from the Rock County Sheriff’s Office & Troopers from the Wisconsin State Patrol assisted the officer and stopped the van without incident near the LaPrairie Weigh Station north of Beloit.
Officials tell us that the children were traveling with their mother, Sviatlana Buka who does not have legal custody.
All three children were taken into protective custody and brought back to the Rock County Sheriff’s Office to be turned over to their father.
- Lowe’s will close stores Easter Sunday to give employees ‘much-deserved day off’
- Disney shares Dole Whip, other recipes while parks closed
- Family of Chicago 911 call center employee mourning after he died from COVID-19
- Wind Whipped Snow Squalls Thursday Afternoon and Evening
- Woman accused of licking $1,800 worth of items at California grocery store arrested on felony charge