ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Three Rockford men were arrested Sunday after a shooting.
Rockford Police say they responded to the 1000 block of N. Day Drive around 1 a.m. for a “shots fired” call.
Police say two suspects fired shots at a car which struck a ComEd utility pole before escaping.
At the scene, they found a vehicle which had been struck by gunfire.
Police say they found two suspects in the area: 18-year-old Jeremiah Coleman and 18-year-old Mardarius Wright. Police say three handguns were found in behind a house on Day Avenue.
No one was hurt in the shooting, according to police.
A short time later, police say they found the car which had struck the utility pole in the 1200 block of North Horace Avenue. Police say two passengers ran from the vehicle but the driver remained in the car. The driver was taken into custody but later released without charge.
Officers later found one of the passengers, 22-year-old Dontaye Banks, in the 1200 block of Greenview, along with a loaded handgun.
Coleman and Wright were charged with Aggravated Discharge of a Firearm and no FOID.
Banks was charged with Aggravated Unlawful Use of a Weapon.
All three were taken to the Winnebago County Jail.
- Washington man stuck in woods for 3 days saved by his dog
- Sisters separated by orphanages, foster homes are reunited after 46 years
- Second stimulus checks: Why another $1,200 payment could be off the table
- Illinois surpasses 200k cases of COVID-19, 24 additional deaths announced on Thursday
- Welsh Elementary Golden Apple winner says award is helping her become a better teacher