BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) — Some union workers at the Belvidere Assembly Plant will vote this week to decide if they will authorize a strike.
The flier from the UAW 1268 states a secret ballot strike authorization vote will happen on Thursday, August 22nd.
This doesn’t mean they will strike, but a yes vote gives their negotiators the authority to call a strike.
Back in May, Chrysler eliminated their “c-shift” cutting nearly 1,400 jobs.
- USPS launches site to adopt Santa’s letters and provide gifts for needy kids
- Light Wintry Mix Possible Overnight Monday, into Tuesday Morning
- Local art students learn best ways to prepare for college
- Transform Rockford begins its holiday book drive
- Rockford communities looking to bring Christmas joy to children everywhere