BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) — Some union workers at the Belvidere Assembly Plant will vote this week to decide if they will authorize a strike.
The flier from the UAW 1268 states a secret ballot strike authorization vote will happen on Thursday, August 22nd.
This doesn’t mean they will strike, but a yes vote gives their negotiators the authority to call a strike.
Back in May, Chrysler eliminated their “c-shift” cutting nearly 1,400 jobs.
- Rockford resident and Lebanon native reacts to massive Beirut explosion
- Local theater group uses downtime to teach young performers
- Tropical Storm Isaias Continues to Move Through the New England States
- Slattery in position for a top 10 finish at the Illinois Open
- Iowa man stole hand sanitizer after breaking into bank, police say