ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford International Airport hosted the Tough Mudder Classic this weekend.
The event had several races Saturday, August 24th and Sunday, August 25th. The races were split up by distance and the difficulty level.
People came in from all over northern Illinois to put their bodies to the test.
The team based portion of the race had participants scaling walls, making their way up giant nets and trekking through mud pits.
Organizers even made a Tough Mudder Dog Course.
Although participants looked exhausted and dirty after finishing, they say the feeling after crossing the finish line was worth it.
“Just a great challenge and just mentally and physically [to] see if you can do it. If we could do it as a team,” Maureen Anderson, Tough Mudder Participant, said. “And it was really fun. Cool challenge, enjoyed it. Totally worth it. Got really muddy and got really wet.”
The race didn’t have a clock to beat, and the first team to cross the finish line didn’t win. Organizers say that it’s all about pushing your body to its limits.
- US soldier charged with planning to bomb American news network, attack Antifa
- Police corner spotted cows at home of Spotted Cow beer
- Rockford man arrested for home invasion, beating woman
- 19-year-old charged with handgun possession after running from police
- Suspect chases down, fires shots at teens after they throw soda on his car