(WTVO) — Historic flooding in the Spring prompted President Trump to declare Illinois a major disaster area.
Twenty-seven Illinois counties qualified, including Carroll, Whiteside, and Stephenson counties, which are now eligible for federal funding.
Local governments and some not-for-profits are eligible for the funds, which can be used for debris removal, new emergency protective measures, and the restoration of infrastructure.
The State of Illinois will work with the Federal Emergency Management Agency to manage the money.
A request for help for homeowners and businesses is still under review.
- Belvidere falls to Genoa-Kingston at home
- Stillman Valley beats Winnebago on the road
- Stateline students preserve the stories and history of local veterans
- Tips for homeowners to stay warm and safe in winter storms
- Swedes’ therapy dog calendar profits support Rockford Police K-9s