BOONE COUNTY, Ill. (WTVO) — The Boone County Metro Narcotics Unit arrested two men on Saturday who are now facing felony drug charges. Belvidere Sheriff’s Office deputies assisted with the arrest.
Police say on Saturday, a vehicle driven by Nikolas J. Manchen, 22, was stopped on US Route 20 by a Boone County Sheriff’s deputy for a traffic violation.
When officers searched the vehicle, they found over 5,000 grams of cannabis and cannabis concentrate.
Manchen and his passenger, Reid N. Carlson, age 19, were arrested and charged with Unlawful Possession with Intent to Deliver Cannabis, which is a class X felony. Manchen and Carlson were transported to the Boone County Jail where they remain awaiting bond.
A Class X felony is punishable by 6-30 years imprisonment in the Illinois Department of Corrections.
Officials tell us that the investigation continues and additional charges are possible.
- Protestors, police clash again at Rockford City Market
- Man taken to hospital after motorcycle crash in Rockford
- One person shot at Rockford bar
- Winnebago Co. school administrators address back to school plans
- Overwhelming response to boy’s search for a family, ‘I hope one of y’all pick me’