BOONE COUNTY, Ill. (WTVO) — The Boone County Metro Narcotics Unit arrested two men on Saturday who are now facing felony drug charges. Belvidere Sheriff’s Office deputies assisted with the arrest.
Police say on Saturday, a vehicle driven by Nikolas J. Manchen, 22, was stopped on US Route 20 by a Boone County Sheriff’s deputy for a traffic violation.
When officers searched the vehicle, they found over 5,000 grams of cannabis and cannabis concentrate.
Manchen and his passenger, Reid N. Carlson, age 19, were arrested and charged with Unlawful Possession with Intent to Deliver Cannabis, which is a class X felony. Manchen and Carlson were transported to the Boone County Jail where they remain awaiting bond.
A Class X felony is punishable by 6-30 years imprisonment in the Illinois Department of Corrections.
Officials tell us that the investigation continues and additional charges are possible.
- Country music star leaves $1,000 tip for waitress working a double while caring for her daughter
- Multiple dog food brands recalled over substance that could harm your pet
- Meteorological Terminology: What Exactly is a Derecho?
- Toy stores warn Christmas supply could be low
- Do I need to get tested for COVID if I’m vaccinated?