ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Two people had to be extricated from a car after it crashed into a utility pole at N. Central and Sherman avenues Wednesday morning.
The crash happened at 9:22 a.m., according to Rockford Police.
The car was headed southbound on Central when the driver lost control, wrapping the car around the pole.
The Rockford Police Department says the 19-year-old driver and 21-year-old passenger were taken to the hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
Police said speed and weather conditions were believed to have been factors in the crash.
- Wisconsin man arrested after fatal car crash in Milton
- Vehicle crash on intersection of Alpine and State; traffic lights out
- Illinois State Trooper charged in connection with alleged scheme to sell stolen military equipment
- 72nd Emmy Awards: The Winners
- Dakota High School moves to remote learning for two weeks after student tests positive for COVID-19