ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Early Sunday morning, Rockford police officers on patrol heard gunshots near the area of 1500 15th Avenue. They found a 20-year-old male suffering from a gunshot wound.
Officials say that while police were still on scene, a 20-year-old female with gunshot wounds arrived at a local hospital. Police say both victims suffered serious injuries.
This is a developing story.
- Rockford police investigate overnight fatal shooting; one person dead
- Temperatures tumble Friday morning
- Winnebago County nursing home to accept residents from other counties
- Man behind murder at Machesney Park bar found guilty by jury
- Strong thunderstorms and heavy rain possible for some Thursday night