ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Joseph Benjamin, 30, and Clarence Benjamin, 25, have been charged with beating 28-year-old Albert Perez to death in a fight.
The Winnebago County Sheriff’s Department says they were called to the 5100 block on Simpson Road for a fight in progress around 10:30 p.m. on Saturday, November 23rd.
Police say they found two victims of aggravated battery. Both were taken to the hospital.
One victim was treated and released. Perez died of his injuries a few days later on November 27th, according to police.
Joseph Benjamin is charged with Aggravated Battery While Using a Deadly Weapon, Aggravated Battery Causing Great Bodily Harm, and Mob Action.
Clarence Benjamin is charged with two counts of Aggravated Battery While Using a Deadly Weapon, Aggravated Battery Causing Great Bodily Harm, and Mob Action.
- ‘Glory Days’: East 1974 State Champions
- ‘Overtime’ spotlight: Boylan swimmer Nhia Caras
- Get To Know Hononegah’s Finley Hamilton
- Rockford group helping those in need fights to reopen after being shut down by city
- Retired Winnebago Co. Judge Rosemary Collins reacts to death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg