ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Joseph Benjamin, 30, and Clarence Benjamin, 25, have been charged with beating 28-year-old Albert Perez to death in a fight.
The Winnebago County Sheriff’s Department says they were called to the 5100 block on Simpson Road for a fight in progress around 10:30 p.m. on Saturday, November 23rd.
Police say they found two victims of aggravated battery. Both were taken to the hospital.
One victim was treated and released. Perez died of his injuries a few days later on November 27th, according to police.
Joseph Benjamin is charged with Aggravated Battery While Using a Deadly Weapon, Aggravated Battery Causing Great Bodily Harm, and Mob Action.
Clarence Benjamin is charged with two counts of Aggravated Battery While Using a Deadly Weapon, Aggravated Battery Causing Great Bodily Harm, and Mob Action.
- ACLU defends Pritzker’s move to prioritize prisoner vaccinations
- Legendary quarterbacks to be center-stage for NFC Championship game
- Lester agrees to deal with Nationals
- Restaurants welcome back employees with return of indoor dining in Rockford region
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional