ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Joseph Benjamin, 30, and Clarence Benjamin, 25, have been charged with beating 28-year-old Albert Perez to death in a fight.
The Winnebago County Sheriff’s Department says they were called to the 5100 block on Simpson Road for a fight in progress around 10:30 p.m. on Saturday, November 23rd.
Police say they found two victims of aggravated battery. Both were taken to the hospital.
One victim was treated and released. Perez died of his injuries a few days later on November 27th, according to police.
Joseph Benjamin is charged with Aggravated Battery While Using a Deadly Weapon, Aggravated Battery Causing Great Bodily Harm, and Mob Action.
Clarence Benjamin is charged with two counts of Aggravated Battery While Using a Deadly Weapon, Aggravated Battery Causing Great Bodily Harm, and Mob Action.
- Craigslist ad goes viral, sparks search for ‘Grandma’ in need of family for Christmas
- Remembering Sandy Hook victims 7 years later
- Two state workers involved in A.J. Freund case no longer work for DCFS
- Woman killed crossing Illinois interstate to reach family
- Woman arrested in Roscoe for sexual abuse to a minor