ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Two Rockford Police Officers were hospitalized Friday morning after they say a suspect resisted arrest and attempted to take an officer’s gun.
Rockford Police say around 9:30 a.m., officers responded to a suspicious person call near Broadway and 11th Street.
While officers were speaking with the suspect, police say he fled on foot. The officers pursued the suspect who resisted arrest and attempted to disarm an officer.
The suspect, identified as 29-year-old Jarrett Hiatt, of Hanover, was taken into custody. He was wanted on a warrant out of Jo Daviess County.
Both officers and the suspect were taken to the hospital and treated for minor injuries.
Hiatt was charged with Aggravated Battery to a Police Officer, Attempted Disarming of a Police Officer, Resisting Arrest, and Attempted Obstruction of Identification.
- ‘Glory Days’: 2010 State Champion Lena-Winslow Panthers
- Get To Know Guilford’s Ashlee Smolenski
- Rockford Police investigate after suspect robs Dollar Tree
- Rockford City Market wraps up 2020 season
- Six hospitalized in two Boone County crashes on Friday