ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 18-year-old Miguel Rodriguez and a 17-year-old female were arrested Thursday after allegedly stealing a car and leading police on a pursuit that ended in Alpine Park.
Police say they were alerted to a stolen vehicle in the area of Hillcrest Road and Lanewood Drive around 8:50 a.m.
When officers attempted to stop the vehicle, the occupants fled.
The vehicle was located again in the area of Eastlawn Drive and Creek View Road. When officers were approaching the vehicle, police say Rodriguez fled on foot.
He was chased to Alpine Park, which was briefly shut down as police conducted a search of the grounds, with the assistance of K9 Chico.
Rodriguez was arrested and charged with Unlawful Possession of a Stolen Vehicle, Driving while License Revoked, Criminal Trespass to Vehicle, Criminal Trespass on State Supported Land, Resisting Arrest, and Fleeing to Elude.
The 17-year-old female was found in possession of a handgun. She was charged with Aggravated Unlawful Use of a Weapon.
Rodriguez was taken to the Winnebago County Jail; the girl was taken to the Juvenile Detention Center.
- Illinois has more jobs than last year; then why are unemployment rates up?
- Rockford airport to receive $14.7 million owed by the State
- Swedish American’s new Creekside Medical Center opens Monday
- Fires in Rockford down since last year, according to Fire Department stats
- Bomb squad called to Belvidere bank after armed robbery