ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The United States Census Bureau is looking to hire 1,000 workers from the Rockford area.
The agency visited Rockford’s City Hall on Tuesday, looking for help with the 2020 Census.
Pay starts at $15.50 an hour.
City leaders say the workers will play an important role in ensuring Rockford gets the funding it needs in the future.
Rockford Chief of Staff, Wester Wuori, said, “It’s critical that everybody is counted, when we get to the 2020 Census. So much of our federal dollars, that are allocated for the northern Illinois region and to the city of Rockford in general, are based on population. So, everybody has to count.”
A nationwide census is held every ten years.
- Freeport city leads open their ears to residents on ways to improve relationships with the community
- Rockford man charged with Attempted Murder after roommate dispute turns violent
- Fans won’t be allowed at the Packers first two home games
- First Sign of Rain Could Come As Early as Saturday Morning
- Rockford parents choosing private school for full-time in-person learning