ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The United States Census Bureau is looking to hire 1,000 workers from the Rockford area.
The agency visited Rockford’s City Hall on Tuesday, looking for help with the 2020 Census.
Pay starts at $15.50 an hour.
City leaders say the workers will play an important role in ensuring Rockford gets the funding it needs in the future.
Rockford Chief of Staff, Wester Wuori, said, “It’s critical that everybody is counted, when we get to the 2020 Census. So much of our federal dollars, that are allocated for the northern Illinois region and to the city of Rockford in general, are based on population. So, everybody has to count.”
A nationwide census is held every ten years.
- Quenneville Strikes Twice as Hogs Sweep Season Series Against Marlies
- Light Snow Expected Sunday Night, Heaviest Remains South
- Jones scores twice, Packers complete season sweep of Bears
- Forward Hakkarainen Reassigned To Rockford
- John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John reunite as characters from ‘Grease’