ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The United States Census Bureau is looking to hire 1,000 workers from the Rockford area.
The agency visited Rockford’s City Hall on Tuesday, looking for help with the 2020 Census.
Pay starts at $15.50 an hour.
City leaders say the workers will play an important role in ensuring Rockford gets the funding it needs in the future.
Rockford Chief of Staff, Wester Wuori, said, “It’s critical that everybody is counted, when we get to the 2020 Census. So much of our federal dollars, that are allocated for the northern Illinois region and to the city of Rockford in general, are based on population. So, everybody has to count.”
A nationwide census is held every ten years.
- ‘Believe in miracles’: 21-year-old survives cardiac arrest, being taken off life support
- Pritzker shares details, timeline of COVID-19 vaccine distribution plan for Illinois; Rockford to receive 4,876 doses
- US adds 245,000 jobs in November as virus threatens economy’s slow comeback
- Veteran broadcaster Len Kasper leaving Cubs for White Sox radio play-by-play
- World War II veteran beats COVID-19 in time to mark 104th birthday