ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The United Way awarded $129,000 in grants to organizations struggling during the COVID-19 pandemic on Thursday.
The funds were awarded to the Boys and Girls Club of Rockford, the Discovery Center Museum, Rosecrance, and the YMCA of the Rock River Valley.
Funds will be used to address academic and social-emotional needs of Stateline middle schoolers in the wake of the pandemic.
- Gas prices rise to almost $3 a gallon in Rockford
- Biological sisters separated by adoption find each other by chance working at restaurant
- Olympic gymnast Hernandez enjoys solid return at Winter Cup
- Police: Mom charged after missing 6-year-old Ohio boy reportedly killed, thrown in river
- Video shows 14-year-old boy’s terrifying fall off roof while doing construction; contractor cited