ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The ALDI grocery store at 2680 20th Street celebrated getting a complete makeover on Thursday with a grand re-opening.
The store now boasts new tiles and shelves, and energy-efficient lighting and refrigeration systems.
The location has been open for 30 years, but this is the first time the store has had an upgrade.
ALDI district manager David Hagen said, “We anticipate higher sales. We hired more people on, and that’s an exciting thing, too. It’s new people that are coming in for growth and that’s the best reason to hire, because we’re just doing so well.”
The remodeling is part of a nationwide effort to modernize ALDI stores.
- Rockford area basketball scores for Tuesday, February 18
- Rod Blagojevich speaks at Denver airport prior to flight home
- Billion Dollar Disasters on the Rise as Climate Change Continues
- Historic Freeport Tabernacle to be demolished, city leaders again decide
- Nurses needed at 911 call centers, says Rockford Fire Dept.