ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The ALDI grocery store at 2680 20th Street celebrated getting a complete makeover on Thursday with a grand re-opening.
The store now boasts new tiles and shelves, and energy-efficient lighting and refrigeration systems.
The location has been open for 30 years, but this is the first time the store has had an upgrade.
ALDI district manager David Hagen said, “We anticipate higher sales. We hired more people on, and that’s an exciting thing, too. It’s new people that are coming in for growth and that’s the best reason to hire, because we’re just doing so well.”
The remodeling is part of a nationwide effort to modernize ALDI stores.
- Freeport city leads open their ears to residents on ways to improve relationships with the community
- Rockford man charged with Attempted Murder after roommate dispute turns violent
- Fans won’t be allowed at the Packers first two home games
- First Sign of Rain Could Come As Early as Saturday Morning
- Rockford parents choosing private school for full-time in-person learning