ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The United States Post Office is looking to hire hundreds of employees to work at processing facilities and post offices due to the coronavirus outbreak.
The USPS says the jobs include City Carrier Assistant, Rural Carrier Assistant, Assistant Rural Carrier, Mail Handler Assistant, Casual Mail Handlers, and Postal Support Employees.
No experience is necessary, and training is provided, USPS said in a statement Tuesday.
Some positions are longer term positions and could lead to permanent placement with the Postal Service. There is a variety of hours offered as well as locations. The hourly wages range from $17.29 to $18.56 with varying shifts and days off.
To apply, visit about.usps.com/careers.
- Cardboard cutouts pose as guests for wedding amid COVID-19
- ‘I’m ready to save grown-ups’: Lurie Children’s Hospital loans ventilators
- Coronavirus forces Ohio dairy farmers to dump milk while grocers limit purchase quantities
- Car flips and catches fire in downtown Rockford
- New data shows peoples’ cell phone habits are changing