DAKOTA, Ill. (WTVO) — The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is investigating after a worker died Sunday at the Berner Food and Beverage factory.
The incident happened just before 4 p.m.
The Stephenson County Sheriff’s Office says a fork lift operator accidentally drove off a loading dock, killing the operator, 45-year-old Marc Merriman, of Loves Park.
OSHA says Berner has had two prior violations, and they will be taking those into account while investigating the death.
- ‘There is no magic that occurs in Illinois versus Missouri’, Task force chief says about Pritzker comment
- Volunteers help RVC clean up tornado damage
- Rockford makes final push to get residents to fill out census
- SwedishAmerican gives back to Rockford Fire
- Not Real News: A look at false claims around Kamala Harris