WINNEBAGO, Ill. (WTVO) — The Village of Winnebago trustees unanimously voted to allow trick-or-treating on Halloween this year.
The dedicated time will be from 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Residents who do not wish to participate should turn their porch lights off.
Earlier this week, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned Americans against participating in trick-or-treating this Halloween.
So far, the Village of Poplar Grove and the City of Oregon have also announced trick-or-treating hours. The City of Beloit has decided to follow the CDC’s advice and forgo the holiday event this year.
- Rockford police investigate overnight shooting
- Temperatures tumble Friday morning
- Winnebago County nursing home to accept residents from other counties
- Man behind murder at Machesney Park bar found guilty by jury
- Strong thunderstorms and heavy rain possible for some Thursday night