ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Stroll on State has become a Rockford Christmas season staple. On Saturday, volunteers will spend the day decorating the streets and hanging lights to prepare for the event.
Giant presents will be scattered throughout downtown, as well.
Volunteers say the decorating is tough, but worth it.
“I won’t lie, it’s a bit stressful going into it, but it’s an absolute blast to be a part of,” said site leader Joe Vettore. “Again, to see the transformation of the downtown from this morning it looks like a normal downtown, by tomorrow afternoon it’ll look like a Christmas holiday scene.”
Volunteers can register before hand or just show up on Saturday to lend a hand.
- Quenneville Strikes Twice as Hogs Sweep Season Series Against Marlies
- Light Snow Expected Sunday Night, Heaviest Remains South
- Jones scores twice, Packers complete season sweep of Bears
- Forward Hakkarainen Reassigned To Rockford
- John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John reunite as characters from ‘Grease’