(WTVO/CNN) — Walmart is kicking off its holiday shopping season today, in an earlier start than previous years.
There are six fewer shopping days between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year, so the retailer says it wants customers to make the most of the shorter season. The “Early Deals Drop” launched at midnight.
Walmart is not the only one pushing aside the jack-o-lanterns. Best Buy announced it is offering free next-day deliveries for nearly all customers and includes most items except heavy items like big-screen televisions and refrigerators. If you are outside of the next-day zone, you will be given free standard shipping.
Target is offering exclusive offers to Target Circle members, including early access to Kids Daily Deals from November 1 to 27 and early access to some Black Friday Deals. Free shipping will also be available with orders arriving as early as the next day, beginning on November 1.
In addition, Walmart is making its delivery service available to customers in the Rockford area. Customers enter their address at Walmart.com/grocery or the Walmart Grocery mobile app for Apple and Android, to find out if the service is available where they are.
Customers can order groceries or items online and have them delivered for a fee, beginning at $7.95.
- Undocumented migrant injured after falling from 30-foot-tall border barrier
- 3 Wyoming sightseeing balloons crash, as many as 20 injured
- Woman says 4-foot snake ‘slithered up’ from toilet in Colorado apartment
- Local leaders stress importance of creating Citizens Oversight Board
- RAVE board approves improvements for Coronado Peforming Arts and BMO Harris Bank centers