LIVE UPDATE (8:43pm) – Rock River West Casino Group has released the details of its proposal:
- 60,000 sq. ft. facility
- 1,000 slots, 200 table seats (could grow up to 2,000 depending on demand)
- Letter of intent signed Rock and Brews
- Invest in downtown including: UW Sports Factory, White Water Rafting, and Colman Village
- Build Rockford Aquarium with a target opening date of 2024
- Redevelop a warehouse on South Main Street into a boutique hotel (expected opening date 2024). Would include an indoor/outdoor locally sourced food court, a bowling alley, bar, and bocce
LIVE UPDATE (7:11pm) – Hard Rock International has released the details of its proposal:
- 5 restaurants
- Hard Rock Live! venue to feature local/internationally known artists
- Rock Shop
- Retail space
- Rockford Park District Partnership: Hard Rock to provide $150,000 over 10 years for marketing and/or sponsorships, construct outdoor amphitheater at Levings Lake, music studio at Washington Park Community Center, and improvements to Sinnissippi Music Shell
- Promise to help fund police/fire, Remedies (locally funded program for problem gambling), Rockford Promise, Rockford Family Peace Center, RAVE, RACVB, transportation
- Establish Hard Rock 815 Community Foundation (distribute grants yearly to local charities/causes)
- Phase 2: construction of hotel and parking garage
LIVE UPDATE (6:29pm) – Here’s highlights from the Forest City Casino project:
- 60,000 square foot casino
- Two hotels: 250 room Wyndham Hotel & 150 room casino hotel
- 50,000 square foot indoor/outdoor waterpark
- Luxe Golf Bays
- New Prospective Senior Living facility
- On-site camping, ampitheater
- 2,000 permanent jobs
- Estimated $18 million in property tax revenue annually
ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — On Monday, we’ll hear for the first time details of the three proposed Rockford casinos.
A public hearing is scheduled to begin at 5:30pm at the Coronado Performing Arts Center. Doors open to the public at 5pm.
Based on a blind drawing held Monday morning, Forest City Casino will go first, followed by Hard Rock International and then Gorman & Company/Rock River West.
Hard Rock International wants to build at the former Clock Tower site. The Rock River West Casino group is targeting downtown, along the Rock River.
The Forest City Casino group is looking at building off Riverside Blvd. near I-90.
Each proposer has 45 minutes to make their presentation. There will be a 10 minute break between presentations. Afterward, audience members can ask questions. Each person is allowed a maximum of three minutes.
For more local news, download the MyStateline app (iOS) or (Android).
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram!