ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A police body camera catches the moment a Winnebago County Sheriff’s Deputy rescued a man from a burning home.
Video shows the body camera footage worn by Deputy Wes Ganz. We reported on the fire yesterday.
First responders were called to the Kelly Road home around 11:00 a.m. After hearing a voice, Deputy Ganz went in. He found an 83-year-old man and carried him to safety.
The victim was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation. He and the deputies are now okay.
- Trump drags ‘stone cold loser’ Mitch McConnell for not helping overturn election
- Freeport Police searching for suspect after 3 women sexually assaulted overnight
- Cool and Rainy Saturday Will Carry on Into Sunday
- Cooper breaks NIC-10 passing record as Harlem completes thrilling comeback to edge Hononegah
- Lutheran tops Dixon in defensive battle, 7-2