ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Winnebago County Board Chairman responds after a report alleged he harassed the former county administrator.
Frank Haney told Eyewitness News Wednesday that the 10 witnesses questioned by an outside law firm are all people out to get him. He also said he was simply repeating comments that he had heard from other board members and employees about Carla Paschal.
The report also mentions how board members have recently stripped Haney of his powers and how the relationship between him and Paschal changed after that.
“This report confirms what many have been saying for month,” said Haney. “The ordinance changes themselves are the cause of the dysfunction we have all seen in 2019 at the county.”
We reached out to Paschal for comment, but have not heard back.
The report was released one day after Haney and more than 40 others filed a federal lawsuit against 13 members of the board citing their voting rights were violated since Haney’s powers have diminished.
- Belvidere schools on lockdown due to ‘safety concern’ at Belvidere North
- New 4K images of Titanic released after first manned dive in 14 years
- Cleveland police officer accused of exposing himself, urinating on 12-year-old girl
- All aboard! Amtrak route from Chicago to New Orleans restored
- Florida woman takes plea deal in baby’s co-sleeping death