ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Winnebago County Health Department has issued warnings against traveling to 11 states ahead of the Thanksgiving holiday.
The WCHD says individuals traveling to or from the following states, or hosting visitors from the following states, should self-quarantine for 14 days upon return to the region or after the date the visitors have left.
WCHD lists Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Wisconsin and Wyoming on the travel advisory list.
The health department says residents should avoid all non-essential travel, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends against travel during the holiday.
- IceHogs ready to speed into their season while navigating COVID protocols
- Kenny Strawbridge’s heroic hoop leads to conference award
- Pot taxes to fund violence prevention, prisoner re-entry programs
- Pregnant women should not take Moderna vaccine, WHO advises
- One month after Don Carter Lanes shooting, 14-year-old survivor hopes to use his story to help others