ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Winnebago County Health Department announced Friday that the county has hit a 8% coronavirus testing positivity rate.
Region 1, of which Winnebago County is a part of, has a 7.6% overall rolling positivity rate for the past 7 days, according to the Illinois Department of Public Health.
The IDPH has said when a region hits the 8% threshold, further mitigation efforts will be required, including closing indoor dining and bar service, limiting gatherings to less than 25, and other restrictions.
- Kirstie Alley defends Trump vote, responds to ‘nasty people’
- Indiana man admits to pushing toddler down stairs after argument over food, court docs show
- Texas woman dies of COVID-19 while on commercial flight
- Some Rockford Mass Transit drivers say buses need more safety measures
- Three former elementary schools in Rockford to be sold as land banks