MACHESNEY PARK, Ill. (WTVO) — If you’re out shopping on Saturday, a local group hopes you’ll drop off a gift for area families.
The Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office is partnering with the Fatherhood Encouragement Project for this year’s “Fill the Bus” gift drive.
A Harlem school bus will be parked in front of the Target store between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m., and then in from of the Meijer grocery store down the street from 10 a.m. until noon.
The group is accepting unwrapped toys, food, clothing and paper products, which will go to students and their families in the Harlem School District.
- IceHogs ready to speed into their season while navigating COVID protocols
- Kenny Strawbridge’s heroic hoop leads to conference award
- Pot taxes to fund violence prevention, prisoner re-entry programs
- Pregnant women should not take Moderna vaccine, WHO advises
- One month after Don Carter Lanes shooting, 14-year-old survivor hopes to use his story to help others