WINNEBAGO, Ill. (WTVO) — The Winnebago Park District says it has shut its basketball courts after they were vandalized over the weekend.
The park district said two new adjustable hoops which were installed three weeks ago were broken.
“The adjustable arm was chained and had a lock on it. Both were cut and stolen this weekend. The court was just paved over the weekend as well. Garbage has been left on ground next to the garbage can several times,” the Winnebago Park District said in an announcement.
The courts will be closed until the hoops are fixed.
Anyone with information on the vandalism is asked to call the Park District office at 815-335-3211 or call the Winnebago Police Department.
- Why are so many catalytic converters being stolen?
- Trump drags ‘stone cold loser’ Mitch McConnell for not helping overturn election
- Freeport Police searching for suspect after 3 women sexually assaulted overnight
- Cool and Rainy Saturday Will Carry on Into Sunday
- Cooper breaks NIC-10 passing record as Harlem completes thrilling comeback to edge Hononegah