ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — You can help make sure some Stateline residents have a present for Christmas by donating to the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office 5th annual Teddy Bear Drive.
The department is collecting new, wrapped bears to deliver to children in hospitals, and people in nursing homes.
Their goal is to hand out 1,200 bears on Christmas morning.
“Nobody really sees these people in retirement homes and other shelters,” said Luis Pavez, President and CEO of Zavius Jewelers, who sponsors the drive. “People really appreciate somebody, not just the bear, but bringing something to them in that location.”
Teddy Bears can be dropped off at Zavius Jewelers, at 2636 McFarland Road.
- Murray throws for 2 TDs, runs for 2 as Cardinals beat Bears
- Lost children, friends eaten by wild beasts: New book captures plight of U.S.-bound migrants
- Trump calls top US general a ‘f—— idiot’ during speech at Mar-a-Lago
- These new U.S. travel restrictions begin Monday
- Fauci says early reports encouraging about omicron variant