ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — You can help make sure some Stateline residents have a present for Christmas by donating to the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office 5th annual Teddy Bear Drive.
The department is collecting new, wrapped bears to deliver to children in hospitals, and people in nursing homes.
Their goal is to hand out 1,200 bears on Christmas morning.
“Nobody really sees these people in retirement homes and other shelters,” said Luis Pavez, President and CEO of Zavius Jewelers, who sponsors the drive. “People really appreciate somebody, not just the bear, but bringing something to them in that location.”
Teddy Bears can be dropped off at Zavius Jewelers, at 2636 McFarland Road.
- Packers fall to Bucs 31-26 in iconic Championship Game between legendary quarterbacks
- Super Host: Bucs become 1st to play Super Bowl at home
- Trapped for 2 weeks, 11 workers rescued from China gold mine
- Discovery Center re-opens to public for first time in months
- ‘COVID sucks’: Patron leaves $200 tip per employee at Colorado cafe