ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — If you’d like to make a difference during Breast Cancer Awareness Month, now’s your chance.
The Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office is teaming up with the Swedish American Cancer Center for a breast cancer fundraiser.
Drop-off bins for donations of fleece blankets, hats, gloves and socks have been set up around the city, and will be distributed to the cancer care center and its patients at the end of the month.
Donations are accepted at the following locations:
Miracle Ear Hearing Center – 5910 E. State St.
Anderson Rock River Ford – 224 N. Alpine Rd.
Anderson Mazda – 6551 E. State. St.
Anderson Toyota – 4100 N. Perryville Rd.
Winnebago County Sheriff’s Department – 650 W. State St.
Winnebago County Wellness Center – 526 W. State St. (The entrance is on the west side of the building facing Winnebago St. Look for the blue awning)
Cucina Di Rosa – 1620 N. Bell School Rd.
Bennies Cleaners – 126 N. 1st St.
- Steve Freeman: Making people smile at Rockford Public Library for nearly 20 years
- Victoria’s Secret cancels annual fashion show
- Veterans group ensures elderly stateline vets remembered at Christmas
- Illinois Health Department says: Don’t take antibiotics for the flu
- Simone Biles, record-breaking gymnast, earns title of 2019 Female Olympic Athlete of the Year