ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — If you’d like to make a difference during Breast Cancer Awareness Month, now’s your chance.
The Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office is teaming up with the Swedish American Cancer Center for a breast cancer fundraiser.
Drop-off bins for donations of fleece blankets, hats, gloves and socks have been set up around the city, and will be distributed to the cancer care center and its patients at the end of the month.
Donations are accepted at the following locations:
Miracle Ear Hearing Center – 5910 E. State St.
Anderson Rock River Ford – 224 N. Alpine Rd.
Anderson Mazda – 6551 E. State. St.
Anderson Toyota – 4100 N. Perryville Rd.
Winnebago County Sheriff’s Department – 650 W. State St.
Winnebago County Wellness Center – 526 W. State St. (The entrance is on the west side of the building facing Winnebago St. Look for the blue awning)
Cucina Di Rosa – 1620 N. Bell School Rd.
Bennies Cleaners – 126 N. 1st St.
- Police say Rockford man shot at woman during domestic incident
- Rockford man accused of fighting off-duty police officer after being caught shoplifting at Best Buy
- Coroner: Body found in Rock River identified as missing Janesville girl
- Shedd Aquarium reopens Friday with new safety precautions in place
- NFL to play Black anthem before national anthem Week 1