JANESVILLE, Wis. (WTVO) — 43-year-old Nova Suarez, of Monona, was arrested for shooting her estranged husband in the face Wednesday night.
Janesville Police were called to the 1500 block of Center Avenue around 9:30 p.m..
The victim said he was stopped at an ATM when his estranged wife pulled up to the passenger side of his car and shot him. He ran to a nearby gas station and witnesses called for help.
He was taken to a local hospital and treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
Sauk County Sheriff’s Deputies took Suarez into custody at approximately 6 a.m. on Thursday.
She was charged with Attempted First Degree Intentional Homicide and Domestic Violence.
- Chauvin to be arraigned for alleged civil rights violation
- States learning how many Afghan evacuees coming their way
- Gabby Petito case: What we know about the 22-year-old’s disappearance
- ‘Full of bad spirits’: Man accused of throwing girl off balcony believed she was a demon, police say
- Proposal to close ‘tax gap’ could give IRS more information about your bank account