JANESVILLE, Wis. (WTVO) — 43-year-old Nova Suarez, of Monona, was arrested for shooting her estranged husband in the face Wednesday night.
Janesville Police were called to the 1500 block of Center Avenue around 9:30 p.m..
The victim said he was stopped at an ATM when his estranged wife pulled up to the passenger side of his car and shot him. He ran to a nearby gas station and witnesses called for help.
He was taken to a local hospital and treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
Sauk County Sheriff’s Deputies took Suarez into custody at approximately 6 a.m. on Thursday.
She was charged with Attempted First Degree Intentional Homicide and Domestic Violence.
- Rockford City Council passes ‘Capital Improvement Plan’
- ‘Giving Tuesday’ highlights need from local non-profits
- Local nursing home needs help brightening holiday season for residents
- Anchor Eric Wilson ends ‘No-Shave November’ with important message for men
- Bipartisan congressional group unveils coronavirus relief compromise