ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Winnebago County State’s Attorney’s Office has charged Jayviea Goldsmith, 22, with Drug Induced Homicide for the death of 31-year-old Timothy Stearns on December 23rd, 2019.
According to Rockford Police, they were called to an alley in the 1700 block of 16th Avenue for a drug overdose.
Stearns died of a acetyl fentanyl and fentanyl overdose, authorities said.
In addition to Drug Induced Homicide, Goldsmith is also charged with Concealment of a Homicide, and Delivery of a Controlled Substance. She is currently in custody on unrelated charges.
- Newsfeed Now: 1 suspect in Austin mass shooting in custody, another at large; Principal goes viral for serenading graduating seniors
- Rockford man wanted for Kwik Mart murder
- Elderly Rock County woman dead, family member in custody
- Rockton chemical plant explodes, residents evacuated; no injuries reported
- ‘This senseless tragedy has put an end to all his dreams’: 25-year-old dies in downtown Austin mass shooting