ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Winnebago County State’s Attorney’s Office has charged Jayviea Goldsmith, 22, with Drug Induced Homicide for the death of 31-year-old Timothy Stearns on December 23rd, 2019.
According to Rockford Police, they were called to an alley in the 1700 block of 16th Avenue for a drug overdose.
Stearns died of a acetyl fentanyl and fentanyl overdose, authorities said.
In addition to Drug Induced Homicide, Goldsmith is also charged with Concealment of a Homicide, and Delivery of a Controlled Substance. She is currently in custody on unrelated charges.
- Rockford man arrested after burglary at Road Baptist Church
- Gabby Petito: NewsNation Special Report
- Idaho hunter finds remains of another hunter who went missing 53 years ago
- Inflation adjustments will mean higher deductions for 2021 tax year: What to know
- Newsfeed Now: Divers join search of Brian Laundrie in Gabby Petito case; Police department sued for misconduct by group led by Jay-Z