ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Winnebago County State’s Attorney’s Office has charged Jayviea Goldsmith, 22, with Drug Induced Homicide for the death of 31-year-old Timothy Stearns on December 23rd, 2019.
According to Rockford Police, they were called to an alley in the 1700 block of 16th Avenue for a drug overdose.
Stearns died of a acetyl fentanyl and fentanyl overdose, authorities said.
In addition to Drug Induced Homicide, Goldsmith is also charged with Concealment of a Homicide, and Delivery of a Controlled Substance. She is currently in custody on unrelated charges.
- Rockford Police investigate Auburn St. shooting
- Rockford teens charged after police find loaded gun in car
- After disaster declaration, Ogle County officials say storm damage is like nothing they’ve ever seen
- Rockford house fire possibly caused by severe weather, officials say
- VP Pence tweets “America needs College Football”