ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford police say a woman shot herself in the leg while she was trying to unload a gun on Friday.
According to police, officers were called to the 4700 block of Chesterfield Avenue for a reported shooting around 3:50 p.m.
The woman was taken to a local hospital and underwent surgery for the wound, police said. She is expected to be okay.
Police say a man in the home, 45-year-old Edgar De La Rosa, was arrested on unrelated warrants and taken to the Winnebago County Jail.
- Stimulus check, $600-per-week jobless benefit included in new virus aid proposal
- ‘Absurd’: $1B earmarked for PPE spent on body armor, jet parts
- Rockford Public Library Board faced with tough choice on closing some branches
- Bodycam video shows the scene after the Breonna Taylor shooting
- Coronavirus surge: When will the fall COVID-19 spike hit?