ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Police said a 46-year-old woman was killed in a shooting in the 1300 block of 15th Avenue on Thursday morning.
Police responded to the shooting call around 5:50 a.m. Officials at the scene said the woman was shot in an alley behind the house.
A subsequent investigation has led police to believe the shooting was the result of a robbery attempt.
The victim was taken to the hospital where she died.
No suspect information has been provided.
- Weightlifter gets Philippines 1st ever Olympic gold after nearly 100 years
- Man arrested after abandoned dog seen on video chasing car that left it behind
- Rockford man shot in the hand as he attempted to grab weapon during robbery
- Two women injured after gunmen in Rockford roadway open fire on their vehicle
- Watch: 13-year-old girl wins skateboarding gold