FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO)–A Freeport female resident, 27, was murdered on Tuesday morning.
At 1:40 a.m., police responded to the 200 block of N. Adelbert Avenue after receiving a call about shots being fired. At their arrival, officers found an open door to an apartment and later located the deceased victim inside.
The investigation is still ongoing, and the name of the victim is not being released at this time.
If anyone has information about these crimes they should contact the Freeport Police
Department or Stateline Area Crime Stoppers. Tips can be submitted to Stateline Area
Crime Stoppers by phone to: 1-866-TIPS NOW, through the Stateline Area Crime
Stoppers “P3 Tips” mobile phone app, or online at: www.statelineareacrimestoppers.com.
- ACLU defends Pritzker’s move to prioritize prisoner vaccinations
- Legendary quarterbacks to be center-stage for NFC Championship game
- Lester agrees to deal with Nationals
- Restaurants welcome back employees with return of indoor dining in Rockford region
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional