FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO)–A Freeport female resident, 27, was murdered on Tuesday morning.
At 1:40 a.m., police responded to the 200 block of N. Adelbert Avenue after receiving a call about shots being fired. At their arrival, officers found an open door to an apartment and later located the deceased victim inside.
The investigation is still ongoing, and the name of the victim is not being released at this time.
If anyone has information about these crimes they should contact the Freeport Police
Department or Stateline Area Crime Stoppers. Tips can be submitted to Stateline Area
Crime Stoppers by phone to: 1-866-TIPS NOW, through the Stateline Area Crime
Stoppers “P3 Tips” mobile phone app, or online at: www.statelineareacrimestoppers.com.
- Dixon DHS worker charged with abuse of a disabled patient
- ‘Cake Boss’ star’s right hand impaled in ‘terrible’ bowling accident
- Illinois reports 2,257 new cases of COVID-19 Thursday, 30 deaths overnight
- Updated list: Rockford-area schools with confirmed COVID-19 cases
- Stimulus checks: Mark Cuban pushes for $1,000 payments every 2 weeks